RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011

Campa Ergo lever problem

I'm installing a pair of 10sp Chorus levers, but when I install the front brake, it pulls the lever too far back. Anyone know what to do?

Here's the left lever:

And here's how it's supposed to look (right lever):

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Squeeze the brake handle and slide the Caliper QR pin inboard.

Here are some instructions that may help you.
    Workshop: How To Fit Campagnolo Ergo Levers - BikeRadar
    You can leave the hoods on to do the install, but as you've pulled them, this should help to put them back on
    CAMPAGNOLO - Ergopower? Ultra Shift? support installation -- Montaggio dei copri supporto. - YouTube
    Rubbing alcohol works well.

One more tip if you have issues running the shifter cable up through the body, press the thumb shift down all the way (this can give you a clear path to thread the cable).
    Last edited by mikerp; 06-03-2013 at 11:49 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerp View Post

Here are some instructions that may help you.
    Workshop: How To Fit Campagnolo Ergo Levers - BikeRadar

One more tip if you have issues running the shifter cable up through the body, press the thumb shift down all the way (this can give you a clear path to thread the cable).
    Right. The shift lever isn't too far back; the brake lever is too far out, because you have that pin in the quick-release position that opens the caliper for easier wheel removal.
    Ubuntu: I am what I am because of who we all are.

AC0
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    ^^^^^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Campa Ergo lever problem-chorus_lever3.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    mikerp, thanks man!! Never knew that was a QR - suddenly feel very newbie-ish

;-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Overwhelmed by your helpfullness guys! In some forums people would be screaming at me right now for asking such a stupid question ;-)

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by megl View Post
    mikerp, thanks man!! Never knew that was a QR - suddenly feel very newbie-ish

;-)
    You're welcome, I added some more info to my first post to help you get the hoods on.
    Make sure to tighten the clamps well (the band clamps have arrows on them pointing up) Off the top of my head they take 10nm.

BTW I looked at your photo and wondered, "I'm not seeing the issue, it's just as it should look with the QR pin out"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    You're welcome, I added some more info to my first post to help you get the hoods on.
    Thanks! I pulled them off 'cause they had to be changed. What's the alchohol substance he's using at the very beginning? Looks like a window cleaner

BTW I looked at your photo and wondered, "I'm not seeing the issue, it's just as it should look with the QR pin out"
    Hehe - yeah, just rub it in ;-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by megl View Post
    Thanks! I pulled them off 'cause they had to be changed. What's the alchohol substance he's using at the very beginning? Looks like a window cleaner
    I've read that it is rubbing alcohol (IPA), windex works as well (I'm under the impression it is mostly rubbing alcohol with some soap agent).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    soooo....

Is this some social experiment? I've seen it on multiple forums, and you commented on how fast and friendly people have been.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mjduct View Post
    soooo....

Is this some social experiment? I've seen it on multiple forums, and you commented on how fast and friendly people have been.
    I really don't see where you're getting at? I posted the question here and on weight weenies. Over there someone answered shortly and I said thanks (I don't suppose there's nothing wrong with saying thanks ... not even in your world?) In here several people seems willing to explain, point to guiding links and even post pictures about what some might think of as a quite stupid question. And even to a guy who mostly lurks and doesn't post much!!! I am quite frankly amazed with that. On most forums people like yourself would have jumped in much earlier and ruined the thread playing internet cop telling people what to do and what not to do. Mostly that kind of users doesn't know much about the subject at hand ...

So I guess, you quickly turned it into a social experiment! Do you have anything to contribute to this thread? Perhaps you can give me a good explanation of why it is so horrible to post the same question to a problem I really needed solved on two different forums. So horrible you had to point it out?

JCavilia, AC0 and mikerp thanks a lot for your help!!