Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Campagnolo Super Record 11 Speed Rear Derailluer Question

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Raymond8Pistons 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 and a 2011 Campagnolo Super Record Rear Derailluer; I want to remove the upper pivot bolt. All of the manuals on Campagnolo's web site show a c-clip that must be removed. This has been standard on Campagnolo rear derailluers for a very long time. Both of my derailluers do not have the c-clip; there appears to be a flange of some sort in place of the c-clip. Does anyone know how to disassemble the upper pivot bolt?

#4 ·
info...

If there is no C-clip, then you have the latest version that uses a two-piece bolt. IIRC, one side takes a torx T25 and the other side a T30. I've also read that unscrewing the bolt may be very difficult. Don't know if it's loctited or perhaps a left hand thread.

#5 ·
Thank you for the information. My son, a mechanical engineer, came to find the same thing. He tried to undo the two parts, but did not want to damage the bolt. I have also sent an email to Campagnolo regarding the part and also that it does not show up in their spare parts pdf's. I will post Campagnolo's reply once I receive it. I will say that the large, flat flange surface should provide a better mating surface with the derailluer hanger than the C-clip.

#6 ·
I received an answer from Campagnolo. The rear derailleur bolt requires a special tool for servicing. Campagnolo USA has a tool; Campagnolo recommends taking the rear derailluer to a dealer and have them send the part to Campagnolo USA for servicing.

I purchased the 11 speed chain tool and I get good use from the tool. It does a perfect job of holding all of the plates and rollers in correct alignment during the pin installation process. The tool is expensive and I can only imagine what the rear pivot tool might cost if it ever becomes available. I have owned Campagnolo equipment since the 1970's and always appreciated the fact that they could be taken apart, cleaned and adjusted with a few simple tools. It looks like that is changing and the introduction of the electronic groups might mean an end to the owner/enthusiast being able to service and repair his components.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.