RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010

Smile Campagnolo Veloce, how Good?

How good is this groupset, i found it on ribbles and its only 490 Australian shipped to Australia. How much worse is it than 10 speed shimano 105 if worse?BTW its 10 speed.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have been running veloce on my training bike for the past three years 10 speed, i have upsec'ed the brifters to centaur. It has not missed a beat, to compare veloce to 105 is doing veloce a disservice IMHO. a new chain every 7-10k kilometers a new casstette every few chains im not anal about it. groupset has done 50 to 60k kilometers, im starting to think about an up grade to 11 athena, but i dont really need to. I also purchased from ribble and shipped to aust. i think i paid about 700au
    Not F Schleck. The last 24k is downhill, and he descends like a drunken cat. Quote: justinb

Frog Whisperer
    I have been using the same veloce 9 spd since 2004, love it....
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

Moderatus Puisne
    Very nice quality.

Not as light as Chorus / Record, but, the function is all but identical.

I'd take it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunlop kid
    How good is this groupset, i found it on ribbles and its only 490 Australian shipped to Australia. How much worse is it than 10 speed shimano 105 if worse?BTW its 10 speed.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by slowdave
    I have been running veloce on my training bike for the past three years 10 speed, i have upsec'ed the brifters to centaur.
    Is your Veloce groupset the latest version?

Does anyone know when Veloce was last updated?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Hey guys also is Veloce 10 speed much better than the 10 speed merage?because merage theyve stopped making it so its pretty cheap?

Thanks

Frog Whisperer
    I can't speak for the 10 speed BUT the 9 spd...the veloce was quite a bit better than the Mirage
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

RoadBikeReview Member
    I am sure I will get some of this wrong but I will go out on a limb and get corrected. I have 2 different Veloce groups. The first has the shifters from the days about 3 years back when the thumb shifter would allow you to shift more than one gear at a time. After this I got a Veloce group where the shifter was the QS model. The last one I am waiting for now (out of stock, thanks Campy) is the Ultrashift. I have been happy with both the shifters and all the cassette/derailleurs as well. Many here with much more expertise than I have said to avoid the QS shifter and to go with the Ultrashift and they are very adamant about their opinion. Consequently, I would avoid the Mirage and Xenon shifters as they are still QS. Also, about 1-2 years back, there was a change in the cassettes which many have considered an upgrade where the Veloces and the Centuars became almost the same. I know I have both and find it impossible to tell them apart.

I consider the Veloce group a very good quality very reasonably priced set.