RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007

Campy Record Hiddenset install

I've dis-assembled, cleaned & lubed Campy Record Hiddenset(1.125"), and the top assembly seems to be too high to allow upper race cover plate to meet headtube.

Does the upper bearing race need to be pressed in?? The lower assembly seems to just fit in correctly.

All I wanted was a Pepsi!
    I'm having the same problem.

Here's the link to the .pdf on the Campy <shudder> website: http://www.campagnolo.com/pdf/722519...dset_10_06.pdf
    "If you have the guts to be yourself, other people'll pay your price." - Rabbit Angstrom

Every little counts...
    It should just slip in. Check to see that the centering ring is pushing down properly, it is sticky on some HTs. Install the stem and the compression cap and crank it down to seat everything.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007

Yeah, I checked it again...

this afternoon, and everything slips in fine. I've looked at a few install. PDFs and parts schematics, ie. http://www.branfordbike.com/headset/head03.html#item3 , and what I have that I'm not seeing in the diagrams, is a silver alum. flanged "spacer" w/ a slightly curved, black plastic seal around it which seems like it fits over bearing & centering cone, and under race cover plate to protect upper part of bearing.
    This is driving me nuts, because I was real careful placing dis-assembled parts so I'd be able to re-install easily, and this is the first road bike I've re-furbed.