RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014

Campy small parts source

I'm doing a new build & the Campy 11 speed Athena parts that I picked up online were used but looked mint. While trying to set up the front derailleur, I couldn't adjust the cage to get the proper chainline clearance. The low limit screw seemed liked it was seized.

I managed with great difficulty to unscrew it all the way out & find that its badly bent. I've tried looking online at Brantford bike but to no avail. Is there a source that any one can recommend where I can find a limit adjusting screw. BTW, my Athena rear derailleur had similar issues. The barrel adjuster doesn't adjust either

Like I said everything looks mint but...buying used online, buyer beware is the adage I guess. This is not a big deal as the frame has barrel adjusters so its ok. But the big thing is the limit screws, where should I look? In all the years of riding, this is the first time I've ever encountered something like this. What would cause a limit screw to get bent because the cage on this unit is like mint so its not been shifted like a million times?

a real member's member
    i have a bike shop in my town with bins of used components (like front derailleurs). that's where i would look. sometimes, these kind of shops are called co-ops.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.