Evolving member

Question Compatibility of Crankbeaters and Sidi genius 4 carbon?

I am trying to find out if I can mount a crankbeaters (spd type) cleat on a sidi genius 4 carbon shoe. The sidi website says they offer adapter plates, but I only see the 3 hole pattern on the shoe, the cheaper genius' have a differnt type of mounting plate on the sole. I contacted crankbrothers and they say that the cleat will mount no problem, but I am fairily certain that I can't use spd cleats on this model shoe. I took this off of the sidiusa website:

"WILL ALL SIDI ROAD ADAPTORS WORK ON ALL SIDI ROAD SHOES?
    Not all SIDI road adaptors will work on all generations of SIDI road shoes.Shoes made before 1996 have the forward most receptacle in a fixed position. Shoes made after 1996 _ have the same forward-most receptacle in an adjustable channel. Later generation SIDI road adaptors require this adjustable slot."

The sidi genius 4 carbon is post 1996.

I contacted veltecsports to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Diesel Engine

Don't think so

Those adaptors are for the Genius and Millenium soles. I believe that both the Ergo 1 and Genius 4 Carbons are only compatible with the LOOK 3-hole cleat pattern. There are no inserts available for those shoes.

So, either change your choice of pedals or step down from the SIDI carbon soles to the 'regular' soled SIDI's, which are still quite stiff (and a lot cheaper to boot!)

Evolving member
    Who's the "Genius" at sidi that came up with this idea?!?!