RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

Continental Grand Prix Force and Attack Review?

Is anyone riding the Grand Prix Force and Attack tireset? Are they worth the dough? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jaybo

RoadBikeReview Member
    I like them very much. I have had issues though. The first set I had on developed wicked sidewall cracks at about the 950 mile mark. Bad enough on both tires that they needed replacement right away. It was kind of odd - the cracks appeared almost overnight. The set I'm riding now is over 1500 miles and wearing quite well. It looks like I'll easily get over 2,000 miles out of them (probably more, unless wear starts accelerating somewhere). This is more than I expected out of something advertised as a race only tire.

As far as ride goes... My first impression was "Wow! Just as good as Conti GP3000s." (the GP 3000s are kind of my mental baseline of how a good riding clincher should feel). I switched back to the GPs for a while when I ordered another pair of att/force. That two week period had me convinced that the Attack/Force tires offer a noticable better (read 'faster') ride than the GP3000s. I am going to try a pair of Michellin Pro Race as soon as this pair of Attack/Force wears out. But if I can get this kind of wear off the conti's consistently it'll take an awesome tire to move the Attack/Force off my tire heirarchy.

classiquesklassieker

Same impression as Torquecal

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Is anyone riding the Grand Prix Force and Attack tireset? Are they worth the dough? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jaybo
    I agree with Torquecal's review, but I should add that they don't last half as long as the GP3000's, and have less sidewall protection. I have tire boots on both Attack/Force tires within a few weeks of riding. I have two wheelsets, one set of which use GP3000 tires and the other set of wheels use the Attack/Force combo. Now I'm reducing the use of the Attack/Force to racing only.

On the other hand, the Attack/Force is faster and feels more supple (maybe due to the thinner sidewalls). So it's a matter of you and your $$$.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004

I've tried briefly

I bought them at $70 and tried briefly (one ride). Pros: they look cool& tread is sticky. Rear has 1 more ply= more puncture resistance and harsher ride, also wider than front. I like the front more than the rear because of harshness issues.