Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Your 'solution' has been posted by dozens and dozens of people over the last 10+ years. You discovered nothing.
    whats with all the hostility in this forum?

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by kipfromnightrider View Post
    First, there has been a long standing dislike for members that dig up old threads.
    Second, this is even worse when it's a new member that does the digging just so they can post a comment and up their post count.

This forum has been around for a long time. There are very few questions about basic stuff like this (noisy bikes) that haven't been answered hundreds of times. Take some time and figure out how the forum works before doing stuff like this. Whenever I join a new forum I'll spend a few weeks just reading. Every forum is a little community and they all have their unspoken rules and ways of operating, take some time and learn them.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Don't mind cxwrench...he has a burr up his tail for necros and wrong-forum posts.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    I've been on message boards of various flavors for many years.

Digging up and dredging old threads has always been preferred to starting *another* new thread whenever a common question is asked.

Sometimes those old threads have some valuable insight into a topic that may help others who are lurking.

I don't understand why some people here punish new users who actually use the search function to find existing threads about topics they want to post about.

Isn't that what they should be doing? That's why the admins keep those threads around, isn't it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Finx View Post
    I've been on message boards of various flavors for many years.

Digging up and dredging old threads has always been preferred to starting *another* new thread whenever a common question is asked.

Sometimes those old threads have some valuable insight into a topic that may help others who are lurking.

I don't understand why some people here punish new users who actually use the search function to find existing threads about topics they want to post about.

Isn't that what they should be doing? That's why the admins keep those threads around, isn't it?
    If a newer member started a new thread about creeking bottom brackets, he would get slammed for not using the search function. Damned if you do...

I think the idea is that once you've found the info you are looking for there really is no point to fill space by dredging the old thread out for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 202cycle View Post
    If a newer member started a new thread about creeking bottom brackets, he would get slammed for not using the search function. Damned if you do...

I think the idea is that once you've found the info you are looking for there really is no point to fill space by dredging the old thread out for everyone.
    ^This^ Great, you figured it out. We don't all need to gather around a campfire and sing Kumbaya because you managed to kill the noise on your bike. After all the threads about creaky bottom brackets and other noises we've had our fill. There's just no need for the post in the first place...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    and do not use the word "brifter", that will get cxwrench beading his eyes at you again!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    and do not use the word "brifter", that will get cxwrench beading his eyes at you again!
    "Pull the trigger..." God, I hate that one.

Quote Originally Posted by mfdemicco View Post
    "Pull the trigger..." God, I hate that one.
    I'll join you in hating that one. I've used it in the past but have since realized how stupid it sounds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12