Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    51

    di2 battery problem

    I have Ultegra di2 on my cross bike. It's about a year old and previously worked fine. I haven't ridden it since cross season and when I checked the battery it was dead. I charged it and it went dead in about 2 days. I charged it again and when I checked the status the green light came on and then the green and red lights came on together. It went dead again in 2 days. I did update the firmware. I don't have the diagnostic box and live in the sticks so my local bike shop is not familiar with di2. Can anybody help?

  2. #2
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    11,952
    No one can do anything without plugging the battery into the diagnostic software. Does your shop even have a SM-PCE1?
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    No one can do anything without plugging the battery into the diagnostic software. Does your shop even have a SM-PCE1?
    No. I'm probably the only person in the county with di2.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,193
    Sounds like your battery is shot, where did you get it?
    There may be a fault in your setup draining power though. When it is charged and in the bike, does everything work or is it acting up?
    BANNED

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    17
    Charge the battery fully and then disconnect it from the system. Let it sit for a few days while disconnected and then plug it back into your system. If there is a good level of charge, then one of the components likely has an internal short or is not powering down properly.

    Good luck!

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Sumguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by jjspike View Post
    Charge the battery fully and then disconnect it from the system. Let it sit for a few days while disconnected and then plug it back into your system. If there is a good level of charge, then one of the components likely has an internal short or is not powering down properly.

    Good luck!
    This...
    But the batts do go bad so there's that. Will the diagnostic catch a RD or FD running down the bat? Just curious.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    434
    I had a bad front junction box that caused my battery to drain prematurely. It took a while to track it down but once I swapped it out my battery life was fine. A year old battery is not old enough to be having issues.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by jjspike View Post
    Charge the battery fully and then disconnect it from the system. Let it sit for a few days while disconnected and then plug it back into your system. If there is a good level of charge, then one of the components likely has an internal short or is not powering down properly.

    Good luck!
    I did that. In four days it was flashing green when I checked, in five days flashing red.

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,193
    charge your battery to full, leave it out of the bike for a week, check it. If it is full charge, it is not the battery.
    BANNED

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    51
    Six days, totally dead.

  11. #11
    sgc
    sgc is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by bdaghisallo1 View Post
    I had a bad front junction box that caused my battery to drain prematurely. It took a while to track it down but once I swapped it out my battery life was fine. A year old battery is not old enough to be having issues.
    Exactly the same for me

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with Cateye Strada - Do I need new battery?
    By Hillen in forum Components, Wrenching
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 07:15 PM
  2. CS200 Polar problem after replacing battery?
    By Nimitz in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 06:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •