RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006

DMT Flash Carbon Shoes--'real world' reviews?

Any users care to share their impressions of the DMT Flash Carbon shoes? I'm particularly interested in hearing about their ventilation capabilities....are they adequate in this regard?

Rollin' Stones

good stuff.

I have the Kyoma model. They are the same, the Flash has a buckle instead of a third velcro strap. Really light. They are really breathable too. The "dimples" you see in the catalog pics are holes. Great shoes. DMT has made Nike's cycling shoes for a couple of years. You can follow the sizing chart for either.
    I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con-men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull-dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh**-kickers, and Methodists!

Cycling
    yes...good stuff

i have the flashes....love em...a bit stiff for traning, but whatever

i just recieved the mag force shoes....and they are even stiffer than the flash.....but the new insoles and footbeds are a greatly apriciated improvement
    Yes........thats me in the pic!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2003
    how do they compare to Sidi from a width and size standpoint? Narrow?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Got a pair maybe 6 months ago from Colorado Cyclist. I got the blue Flash with yellow accents. They are comfortable. Maybe slightly wider than my Sidis. Ventilation seems okay. They do not have any large mesh covered areas like some shoes, but I really don't seem to notice a lack of ventilation.

The buckles work fine. The insole is comfortable. The carbon sole seems pretty stiff. The carbon sole will get scratched up and lose the pretty shiny appearance, but that's totally understandable. The thing on the bottom of the heel that keeps you from slipping as you walk (I forgot what the thing is called) is not replaceable as it is with some other shoes such as sidi. So, it will get beat up with time as well.

My biggest complaint is that the sole is coming unglued from the shoe at the heel. It's only a few millimeters now. It has not caused a perceptible problem while riding, but still no sidi shoe I've ever owned has unglued in the 1st 6 months. I only noticed it when cleaning the shoes, otherwise i would have never known. I'm not sure if ColCyclist would do anything about it anyways.

Despite that, I really like them; they are a good sidi alternative just have to see if they will stand the test of time like sidis.

HTH.