Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    coaster
    I had an XTR brake (with solid steel rotors) come into the shop this week that had worn all the way through the pad backing material (resin pads, alloy backing) and into the piston faces enough that they had to be replaced. That was a new record for pad wear at our shop. I asked him if the brake had been making a terrible sound and for how long. He said all summer.

coaster
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Maybe he was just testing to see if there actually was anything to Ice-Tech.
    Seeing is believing!
    He was just getting down to the good stuff. Once through the slippery steel coating the alloy rotor core has mad bite! I consider those rotors properly broken in.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    How do you know that I'll actually mock? I'm serious about just showing stuff in more of an advisory way. Why don't you just wait and see before you start accusing me of being unprofessional?
    Iíve always valued your contribution (particularly the mechanical insights) to this forum

My comment is not an accusation, just an advisement to avoid looking FOR the worst every week. Thereís a big difference, but slippery slope, between ďdonít be this guyĒ as adviser and ďholy sh!t! Look at what this moron did!Ē
    The internet is a little like a bar, a wonderful place where we can bullsh(t our past, but it also, is full of reasonably reliable sources of information to be used as ammo to call "bullish)t."

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    I should start one here, I could easily post something every day. Hmmmm...
    No you canít. I donít post here that often.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy... wait.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    As long as names aren't revealed, I see this as a harmless warning to others, not a mockery to your customers.
    Under #bikeshophorrors on insta, Iíve seen bikes that I know belong to specific individuals... partly because this sort of thing often starts with a unique third or seventh owner bike. Sure, I (usually) understand the circumstances of those (3?) bikes but that doesnít mean that the repetitive posting is professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The internet is a little like a bar, a wonderful place where we can bullsh(t our past, but it also, is full of reasonably reliable sources of information to be used as ammo to call "bullish)t."

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdhawkhill View Post
    Iíve always valued your contribution (particularly the mechanical insights) to this forum

My comment is not an accusation, just an advisement to avoid looking FOR the worst every week. Thereís a big difference, but slippery slope, between ďdonít be this guyĒ as adviser and ďholy sh!t! Look at what this moron did!Ē
    I'll definitely keep that in mind.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    No you canít. I donít post here that often.

Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Beneficial for noob's that may have little awareness towards bicycle maintenance.

I'm amused to see a variety of hardware store slotted, Phillips or hex bolts as fixes across a variety of fasteners that would normally be found on some assemblies. All they had to do was turn around at Home Depot/Lowes and look through the specialty drawers for the proper fastener. Finding wood or drywall screws on auto body panels and such. ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12