RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2016

Dura Ace 9100 Chain Rings

Might anyone know where I could order them? No one in the United States seems to have them in stock so I ordered them from Germany but just got an update that they won't be available until June 7th.

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    If you 'need' replacement rings at this point you'd have a warranty claim not a need to buy replacements.

Otherwise just wait. You can call Shimano in California and they'll probably be able to tell you when you'll be able to buy replacements. Or have a bike shop ask their supplier for you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2016
    Thanks Jay, They aren't worn out - I need to switch the ratio for different terrain. Thanks. -mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    If you 'need' replacement rings at this point you'd have a warranty claim not a need to buy replacements.

Otherwise just wait. You can call Shimano in California and they'll probably be able to tell you when you'll be able to buy replacements. Or have a bike shop ask their supplier for you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by m20j View Post
    Thanks Jay, They aren't worn out - I need to switch the ratio for different terrain. Thanks. -mike
    ah, Sorry I forgot about that option with Shimano cranks now. So yeah, give Shimano a call. I had a similar question on another item a while back and they were very helpful. I was under the impression their phone reps have access to production schedules, release dates and that sort of thing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2016
    Thanks - will do. I've seen the 9100 rings on Ebay, but I don't know if that's a legit product. Says it's coming from Taiwan. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    ah, Sorry I forgot about that option with Shimano cranks now. So yeah, give Shimano a call. I had a similar question on another item a while back and they were very helpful. I was under the impression their phone reps have access to production schedules, release dates and that sort of thing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    maybe ask 'em if 9000 will work while you're at it. the arms have changed but it looks like the rings might be the same. I don't know that for fact though. This assuming you'd be okay with the color not matching.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    QBP has the small rings in stock and shows the big rings being available mid-late April.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards