Tourist

Dura-Ace Di2 7970 shifting the 'reverse' way ???

Halp! Got a used bike with DA Di2 7970 on it, and everything works fine... except that shifting is reversed, both for the front derailleur and rear derailleur. Namely, for the rear derailleur, if I press the inside (lower) button, the derailleur will go toward the larger cogs, instead of going toward the smaller cogs like with mechanical. Same with the front derailleur, lower button shifts to large chainring. This is very annoying, as it goes against my habits, and I need to think everytime I have to shift - when this electric system was precisely designed to make my life easier!!

Is there something that can be reset to make the shifters work the 'regular' way?? I thought that shifting cannot be reversed on 7970, only on the newer 9070?? I disconnected and reconnected the rear der to check, didn't change anything. Disconnected the front wire kit from rear wire kit, didn't do anything. All arrows are well aligned on the connectors, and after all I don't think you can push them all the way through if they are not aligned correctly. I did read all instructions pdfs from shimano, didn't find anything relevant. Help!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    You need to get a hold of the 7970 DI2 system checker. You can use that to reverse, or correct in this case, the orientation of the shift buttons.

Shimano Di2 System Check/Programmer : Amazon.com : Sports & Outdoors

Tourist
    Thanks a lot - called the LBS, they have the tool. Will drop by tomorrow