g3p
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

e-tube 3.3.0 crashing on iPad 4

I've got an iPad 4, iOS 10.3.3 and it won't launch e-tube v3.3.0. It starts up, displays the opening screen of the app, then just exits back out to the home screen.

I've tried reseting the iPad, deleting and reinstalling e-tube. No luck. Yes, I'm using the tablet version, not the phone version

I do, in fact have it on my iPhone 7, and it works no problem. Both e-tube and iOS versions are the same on both platforms.

Anybody else seeing this?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2014
    This probably doesn't help much, but I can report that eTube 3.3 is running fine on an iPad Pro (10.5") running iOS 10.3.3.

The app launches fine, and I used it to update firmware on all of my components (6870).

My only guess is some sort of problem with the iPad 4 hardware.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Found this thread this morning while searching the e-tube app to sort an issue.

I built up a Shiv TT with Di2 last summer and at that point, the E-tube app worked perfectly fine on my iPad mini. In early September of 2017, I tried connecting again and the app began doing exactly what you're describing. Since then, I have not been able to get the app to work on my iPad mini. It is currently shown as version 3.3.2. The same version on my iPhone 8 works perfectly fine. I'm guessing it has something to do with the older iPad hardware. I know that my iPad mini is no linger supported by apple for IOS updates and I'm guessing there is something within the E-Tube app that is causing it to crash on older models. I just looked and it appears as if I have a back up of my iPad from 9/1/17.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2014 S-Works Shiv TT
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fuse Comp

g3p
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    Found this thread this morning while searching the e-tube app to sort an issue.

I built up a Shiv TT with Di2 last summer and at that point, the E-tube app worked perfectly fine on my iPad mini. In early September of 2017, I tried connecting again and the app began doing exactly what you're describing. Since then, I have not been able to get the app to work on my iPad mini. It is currently shown as version 3.3.2. The same version on my iPhone 8 works perfectly fine. I'm guessing it has something to do with the older iPad hardware. I know that my iPad mini is no linger supported by apple for IOS updates and I'm guessing there is something within the E-Tube app that is causing it to crash on older models. I just looked and it appears as if I have a back up of my iPad from 9/1/17.
    If it is an iPad Mini, model A1432 (late 2012 Wi-Fi Only), then that is the problem.

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by g3p View Post
    If it is an iPad Mini, model A1432 (late 2012 Wi-Fi Only), then that is the problem.
    yup... that's the model. This little iPad has served me well for a long time, but I think its time is coming to an end soon.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2014 S-Works Shiv TT
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fuse Comp