RoadBikeReview Member

Fitting a Fizik Arione K1 on a Scott Addict

Hello,

I've had a problem trying to fit a new Fizik Arione K1 saddle on a Scott Addict frameset: the carbon rails are too thick (too much diameter) for the saddle clamp on the new Addict. Any ideas?

Best regards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003
    I'm assuming that the frame you are refering to is the Scott Addict LTD with the intergrated seatpost? Looking at how it clamps to the rails of the saddle I'd say you might have a problem and should probably contact Scott directly to see if they sell a clamp to fit oversized rails. As for the Fizik saddle I've been quite impressed with it's comfort and durability so far. I had intial problems with the proper seat height as it doesn't compress as much as the regular Arione and I had set it up with the same centre of bottom bracket to top of seat measurement and it was uncomfortable at first, but after lowering it by 5mm it just transformed into a great saddle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hi flateric

Yes, it is the LTD with integrated seatpost. I'll have to call Scott.

Thank you

a climbers delight...
    May 2007
    Hi,
    I had the same problem trying to fit the FIZIK ARIONE Carbon version...and I think this will be the problem with every carbon rail saddle.
    I did however solve it by letting a good friend of mine make me two new aluminium clamps that had a higher reach!
    I did e-mail SCOTT about this but hasn't gotten any answer yet, this was several weeks ago so I'm assuming they just deleted my mail.

If you call SCOTT, could you ask if there will be a ligher version of the seat clamp ?
    The one we have now weigh way to much...

and congrats on one hell of a fine frame ...