RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

Force CX1 Crankset with SRAM Direct Mount Chainring

There is very little info available on using SRAM direct mount chainrings on Force CX1 cranks. I wanted a 36t front ring for my wife's bike but the smallest standard ring is 38t. After a lengthy search online, I decided to give it a shot and ordered a 36t direct mount chainring with 6mm offset. It took longer to pull the cranks than it took to swap the ring, but I'm happy to report that it's a perfect match and 50g lighter as well. Chain line is now 1mm closer to the frame, centered on the cassette, and shifting is perfect. Success.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oh Man,,Thanks for this post,Ive been searching for info about this set-up finally its confirmed that it will work,by the way mine is the BB30/PF30 Force crank,not sure if this will work the same..LoL

Quote Originally Posted by waterlogged View Post
    There is very little info available on using SRAM direct mount chainrings on Force CX1 cranks. I wanted a 36t front ring for my wife's bike but the smallest standard ring is 38t. After a lengthy search online, I decided to give it a shot and ordered a 36t direct mount chainring with 6mm offset. It took longer to pull the cranks than it took to swap the ring, but I'm happy to report that it's a perfect match and 50g lighter as well. Chain line is now 1mm closer to the frame, centered on the cassette, and shifting is perfect. Success.