RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2001

FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue - Cranksets

Hi, I saw alot of pretty positive reviews on the FSA Pro Team cranksets. I was curious to know if you might have some additional feedback on how they are holding up after you have been riding them for awhile. Also, I'm building up a new bike & wanted to replace the Ultegra 10 with Dura Ace with the exception of the crankset. Is the FSA Carbon Pro a good substitute for the DA? I don't like the looks of the new DA 10 crankset. Thanks - Jim

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

mine's been fine...

I've got about 5,000 miles on a triple version of this crank with no problems. That said, if you've got a DA equipped bike, the FSA crank wouldn't be an upgrade. Most folks would rather have the newest outboard bearing crank, rather than an ISIS. FSA has a similar Mega Exo outboard bearing crank.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2001

Interesting point about the bear....one more thing

I was planning go to upgrade to Dura Ace. Does the DA crankset have the outboard bearing that you were mentioning? The FSA seemed a bit pricey so I might go strickly DA. Thanks again

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Quote Originally Posted by bent_spoke
    Does the DA crankset have the outboard bearing that you were mentioning?
    Yes.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Lame.