Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

FYI Wheelbuilders: Spoke Length Calculator available free

870 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cmg 
#1 ·
For those amateurs -- or shop pros -- that build their own wheels, I've written a javascript based spoke length calculator, SpoCal, that may prove convenient. No special software is required; SpoCal is a text/html file that can be kept locally on your HD or uploaded to a server and hosted on the WWW; only a javascript capable web browser is needed to access it. A few links to related sites are also included in the preface of the program.

SpoCal is available gratis. Email me at lucasiragusaATrogersDOTcom -- please include 'SpoCal' in the subject line -- and I'll send a zipped copy your way.

Luke

#2 ·
Questions

Hey Luca? Does it have the ability to click and drop in common rim and hub data? (SpokeCalc, Damon Rinard's spreadsheet does this through macros but the spreadsheets is not the most intuitive)....

#3 ·
No, I'm sorry it doesn't. I toyed with the idea of pre-loading a rim/hub database but, frankly, the thought of constantly updating the data discouraged me. And using a simple javascript format precludes someone such as yourself easily doing the same -- each new spec would entail a manual rewrite of the html code; the effort would not be worth it. So this program has NO option of building and integrating an extensive hub/rim spec database; it's just a calculator.

I suppose the best candidate for SpoCal would be someone such as myself: an occasional do-it-yourself wheelbuilder that's handy with a caliper.

Thanks for the interest.

Luke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.