RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010

Happy: Upgraded to 2011 Super Record. SAD: can't find brake pads to fit new...

Hey All,

First post here... thanks in advance ! you guys are awesome !

I recently upgraded my group set to the 2011 Campy Super Record 11... yeah !!

Problem is, i haven't been able to ride my bike since campy redesigned the brakes on the 2011 model and my old SwissStop yellow pads no longer fit

I'm running a pair of Easton EC90 SL clinchers... I've sent out numerous emails regarding this info to Easton and Campy, waiting for reply's. In the meantime can you guys/gals help, anyone know of a carbon pad that will work/fit the 2011 super record ?

thanks much !!
    -Lino

Banned forever.....or not
    Do you mean to say that you do not have a spare wheelset with aluminum rims?
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    no, I've got two sets of alum. wheels... thanks for asking though.

I'm saying i didn't realize no other brake pads will fit the 2011 Super record because of the redesign of the new brake shoes. that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    Do you mean to say that you do not have a spare wheelset with aluminum rims?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

thoughts...

It's not likely that any of the aftermarket brands will have new pad, at least for a few months. In the meantime, you should be able use the old-style pad holders with the new brakes and swiss stop pads. Kool stop makes pad holders to fit Campy brakes.

My other question is what type of fitting problem exists. It's obvious that your pads won't have the notch to click-in to the new pad holder, but is the width so different that the swiss stops either slide in with no resistance, or is the problem that they can't be forced in? If the pads are loose in the holder, then obviously that won't work. I've had pads fit so tight that I used a dremel sanding drum to remove a little material.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    the current yellow 2010 SwissStop pads that came with my Easton EC90 SL clinchers do not fit in the 2011 Super Record brake shoe... they just slide in and out, it's not even a close fit.

SwissStop rep told me they are currently developing a yellow, carbon specific pad for the new Super Record brake shoes. They currently do not have a brake pad that will fit or work.

and as far as drilling or forcing a break pad into a shoe... it isn't an option... not when my training rout has a 48mph down hill with a hair pin at the end of it.

I Also heard back from Campangnolo... If you want pads that work with carbon wheels, you have to get them through Campy direct... lame they don't ship out with the group set, you think after paying $2,800 they could throw in some pads !

Quote Originally Posted by C-40
    It's not likely that any of the aftermarket brands will have new pad, at least for a few months. In the meantime, you should be able use the old-style pad holders with the new brakes and swiss stop pads. Kool stop makes pad holders to fit Campy brakes.

My other question is what type of fitting problem exists. It's obvious that your pads won't have the notch to click-in to the new pad holder, but is the width so different that the swiss stops either slide in with no resistance, or is the problem that they can't be forced in? If the pads are loose in the holder, then obviously that won't work. I've had pads fit so tight that I used a dremel sanding drum to remove a little material.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    Why can't you just use the old style Campy pad holders with swiss stop pads?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Because I'm upgrading from Ultegra.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur
    Why can't you just use the old style Campy pad holders with swiss stop pads?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LinoD
    Because I'm upgrading from Ultegra.
    Why can't you put the Ultegra shoes on the Campy brakes for the time being, should be able to unbolt the Campy ones and mount the Ultegra ones, no?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

what I'm saying is

[QUOTE=LinoD]Because I'm upgrading from Ultegra.[/QUOTE

You could buy some old style Campy brake pad holders and use Kool Stop pads until the 2011 Super Record pads become available. That seems to be your only alternative at this point.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    Or keep the Ultegra brakes for now.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Sacrilege.