RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016

Help me confirm I have the right BB for my new Bianchi

Hey guys,

I just purchased a Bianchi Oltre XR4 frameset and plan on building the bike mostly on my own. The specs on the Bianchi site state the bike uses "BB PressFit 86.5x46mm"
    I purchased the drivetrain, Dura Ace 9150, through Merlin Cycles with the only info on the bottom bracket being, threaded. Below are the pics of the BB. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me confirm I have the right BB for my new Bianchi-img_1421.jpg   Help me confirm I have the right BB for my new Bianchi-img_1420.jpg  

'brifter' is a lame word.
    You're not being entirely clear. What is up w/ the bb you've shown? Is this something you have? The bottom bracket in the Bianchi is 46mm diameter, the diameter of the bottom bracket you have pictured is 41mm...obviously this won't work. First, read this:

Complete guide to bottom brackets - BikeRadar

Now you can figure out what you need, there are definitely options ranging from pure press-fit cups to cups that thread into sleeves and are less prone to making noises later on.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    You're not being entirely clear. What is up w/ the bb you've shown? Is this something you have? The bottom bracket in the Bianchi is 46mm diameter, the diameter of the bottom bracket you have pictured is 41mm...obviously this won't work. First, read this:

Complete guide to bottom brackets - BikeRadar

Now you can figure out what you need, there are definitely options ranging from pure press-fit cups to cups that thread into sleeves and are less prone to making noises later on.
    I received this bottom bracket as part of a complete groupset. Only other options were English (BSA) and Italian BB.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolite View Post
    I received this bottom bracket as part of a complete groupset. Only other options were English (BSA) and Italian BB.
    Ah, ok. As you now know what you need is a bb that works w/ 46mm ID frame. Plenty of options from low to high priced, plastic or alloy cups. Beware that if you decide on one of the types that threads together you'll need the proper tools to turn the cups so you can screw it together. Alternatively you'll need some kind of press for a 'regular' press-fit bottom bracket.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

Forever a Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolite View Post
    So sell it on ebay. It's not for you.
    use a torque wrench