RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002

How do Easton EA70 Ergo bars rate?

Found some good holiday pricing in town with a great return policy if the bars and I don't get along. $35 out the door. In terms of weight and stiffness does Easton do a good job or is money better spent on the likes of Ritchey or 3T?

Whoops, may have posted in wrong forum. Apologies.
    Last edited by bikewriter; 11-22-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Old, slow, and fat.
    Had a pair briefly. Sold em on a bike. Liked the bend, but otherwise, they felt like bars.

M
    I've moved back to NoVA. PLEASE change the weather!

RoadBikeReview Member
    There just aluminium bars...like any other aluminium bar! The biggest issue with any bar is to make sure they fell good to you when you ride. So buy them, test them, and if they work for you great if not take them back. You can read a review of them here: Review: Easton EA70 Ergo-Bend Road bars | road.cc | Road cycling news, Bike reviews, Commuting, Leisure riding, Sportives and more

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    Thanks. This will be my first time with non oem bars and I had no clue if some brands were notoriously overpriced for what you get or if some were flexy, etc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Those Easton's are really good bars, and their not expensive. Their weight is about the same as more expensive carbon bars without the breakage factor, but the Easton's don't have the bling factor that CF bars have. So if you want bling get CF bars, if you want low cost highly functional bars get aluminum bars and the Easton's are darn near if not the best especially for the money.