RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013

Integrated Seatpost

Hi All,

I have a question re: extending the range of my ISP. Picture attached.

Would you think it wise to dremmel the existing "slit" a bit further to get the required seat height. Other alternative is to get DeRosa to build me a extended seat post and that is not the "cheapest" option!! However, if should the strength of the seat post be affected, its probably the only solution I have at the minute.. changing the seat for larger rail to top length, i have considered but I would only gain 15mm....

Thanks for any help!
    Timujin

Integrated Seatpost-seat2.jpgIntegrated Seatpost-seat1.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Going higher than the factory designated limit is not generally a good idea. The bike has been tested at that limit to ensure there is adequate safety margin under the designed-for loads. If you are lightweight (maybe under 165 lb?) a few mm (maybe 6?) might be OK, but you are in uncharted territory and taking additional risk.

Don't they stock longer posts, or perhaps have a conversion to non-ISP?
    ... 'cuz that's how I roll.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by looigi View Post
    Going higher than the factory designated limit is not generally a good idea. The bike has been tested at that limit to ensure there is adequate safety margin under the designed-for loads. If you are lightweight (maybe under 165 lb?) a few mm (maybe 6?) might be OK, but you are in uncharted territory and taking additional risk.

Don't they stock longer posts, or perhaps have a conversion to non-ISP?
    Hey, thanks for the reply.. i weight 79kg...so 174lbs...

They are quoting me Eur250 for the extension!!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by timujin View Post
    Hey, thanks for the reply.. i weight 79kg...so 174lbs...

They are quoting me Eur250 for the extension!!!!
    You could also check with one of the places that does carbon repair and see if it's a job they could handle. I'm not sure it would be less than $250 but I would guess a repair place would be cheaper than DeRosa. Calfee is the one that comes to mind but there are a few others.

Anothing thing to keep in mind with jerryrigging is it could void your warranty.