Climbin' Clyde

Internal Cable Routing - Cipollini RB0,8K

So maybe this is a whine as much as a plea for help: I dig internal cable routing, but when did it become acceptable for mfr's to hand off frames with no internal guides or liners? I've had internal cables from steel to carbon over decades, and this is the first time I've gotten a frame with a bag of tiny port plugs and bits, and small holes at either end of vast voids.

I fell in love with an Italian and gave away one of my favorite all time bikes, a Tarmac SL3. Cipo's name for this frame is RB0,8K as in "Road Bike 800 grams" but it weighs 1.20 Kg's - whoops! Looks killer though, which is why I bought it on fire sale. I heard horror stories of the ISP head locking up inside the seatmast - and then cracking the seatmast - so I bought a standard-ish clamp and seatpost. Manual shows a fancy jig to cut the mast, but I freehanded it. Left as much of the mast intact to keep the clean lines. but now I have a few inches of saddle adjustment.

The question is, does anyone have experience cabling one of these? I see a fancy magnet cable fishing tool in the manual - guess dealers get those.

Internal Cable Routing - Cipollini RB0,8K-img_8741-custom-.jpgInternal Cable Routing - Cipollini RB0,8K-img_8746-custom-.jpgInternal Cable Routing - Cipollini RB0,8K-wheeld-up-custom-.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sablotny View Post
    I dig internal cable routing,
    LOL. . Internal routing totally sucks. Specially for mechanical shifting as it adds friction. But, yea. . Magnets and patience.