RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008

ITM K-SWORD handlebar

I just ordered an ITM K-SWORD handlebar from an online shop. I thought this handlebar has the holes for hiding the cables ( see the pic). But the one I got doesn't have them. Does yours have them ?

Last edited by Tissot; 11-23-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Matnlely Dregaend
    No idea, but I'd buy them if they were called S-word like your title says
    "I haven't @#&$ed like that since I was an altar boy." Hank Moody
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Brifter" is the coolest cycling word

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    I think you may be confusing "holes" with "grooves." Most traditional bars have the grooves for the cables to sit in. This bar actually routes them inside the bar itself. If this is an actual picture of the bars you have received, then you should be fine. I PS'ed your image to show you. Hope this helps.

¿Por Que?
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bhobson24
    I think you may be confusing "holes" with "grooves." Most traditional bars have the grooves for the cables to sit in. This bar actually routes them inside the bar itself. If this is an actual picture of the bars you have received, then you should be fine. I PS'ed your image to show you. Hope this helps.

The way I'm reading the question is that this is not a picture of his bar. I think it's another pic he found on the internet to demonstrate the cable routing holes that should be there, but are not on his.

Did you buy it through a reputable dealer? Return it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cogswell23
    The way I'm reading the question is that this is not a picture of his bar. I think it's another pic he found on the internet to demonstrate the cable routing holes that should be there, but are not on his.

Did you buy it through a reputable dealer? Return it.
    I talked to the LBS, and he suggested to drill. I don't know what tools he has, but is it going to damage the carbon structure ? Any experience ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Ok. So the photo is not of the bars you received. Got it.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRILL!!!!!! This will damage the bars and create a weak point in the carbon. You are risking your own safety by damaging the integrity of the carbon structure.... Return them and get a refund.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I talked to the LBS, and he suggested to drill.

Find another LBS after you return them.