Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

K-Wing Compact width?

830 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RRRoubaix 
#1 ·
I'm looking at the FSA K-Wing compact. I tried one today at my LBS, but they only had a 40 and I usually take a 42.
I seem to recall someone saying that they run narrow (because they flare out a bit, maybe?)
Can anyone confirm that?
If I get a 42 will it feel too narrow- or if I get a 44 will if feel like a big ol' wide 44?

#2 ·
They do flare..

I have these bars in a 44 - that's C-C in the drops. At the hoods, they are at 42.5, so perhaps a tough call between the 42 and 44. I normally like a 42, so they feel a little wide, but I forget about it pretty quickly. FWIW, I originally had the K-Force (not-Wing) compact in a 42 - those were a full 2 cm narrower in the hoods and I noticed that more.

Like other contact points, bars are personal preference, but I really like these bars - just wish the weight weenie in me didn't mind the weight so much - they are about 275 grams.

#3 ·
cycleboyco said:
I have these bars in a 44 - that's C-C in the drops. At the hoods, they are at 42.5, so perhaps a tough call between the 42 and 44. I normally like a 42, so they feel a little wide, but I forget about it pretty quickly. FWIW, I originally had the K-Force (not-Wing) compact in a 42 - those were a full 2 cm narrower in the hoods and I noticed that more.

Like other contact points, bars are personal preference, but I really like these bars - just wish the weight weenie in me didn't mind the weight so much - they are about 275 grams.
EEK! I had seen some quotes in the 265-270g range, although FSA claim only 215 grams... Ugh. I see on Weight Weenies, they confirm what you say. D@mn. :(
Well, at least they're still a lot lighter than the Deda I was looking at!
Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.