RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010

Kestrel Talon SL Problems

i have the 08 talon SL and had the typical seatpost problems that are pretty common. got the seat post slipping problem fixed and now i have a problem with the seat pointing up or down as the clamp is not holding very well.

at what point do i warrenty the frame VS deal with the minor Pain in the ass (no pun intended).

P.S. despite all of this i do love the bike and i know the new one will most likely only be better.

Island Hopping cyclist
    The seat post clamp is not a frame issue and will only get you a new post, not a whole new bike. You may just simply need to shim the clamp/rail interface or put some thread locking compound on the adjusting bolt.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

Grease threads

Quote Originally Posted by TXKestrel
    i have the 08 talon SL and had the typical seatpost problems that are pretty common. got the seat post slipping problem fixed and now i have a problem with the seat pointing up or down as the clamp is not holding very well.
    Try greasing the threads on the clamp bolt. That may allow you to get enough additional force so that the saddle angle doesn't keep changing. Otherwise, you may have a defective post (not a defective frame).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    hmm ill have to try that. and though i do realize that is a problem with the clamp on the seatpost, its my 2nd seatpost. well il try the grease and see if that works