RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

Question Koobi Au Enduro?

Any one out there using this saddle?

I have two friends who go on and on about how comfortable this saddle is

They claim it is much more "anatomy friendly" than the Fizi:k (I probably didnt spell that right )

anyways - Just wanted some feedback if any

Get me to In&Out
    You need to ride one yourself to see if it fits you. Saddles are the most personal item you but will ever touch. What works for one doesn't always work for another. Bone placement, pelvic shape and other things such as this keep one saddle from being the end all of saddles. So make sure you try it. I rode the Koobi Xenon for a year and a half. It was very comfortable, but it gave me non-stop saddle sores. I have since switched to a Sella Italia SLR saddle and haven't had a problem in 6000 miles.
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bigriderblack

They claim it is much more "anatomy friendly" than the Fizi:k (I probably didnt spell that right )

I have the Au Enduro Gel. It's great in road position. In the aero position I have to be back on the saddle, so that my sensitive zones aren't compressed. Koobi has a 30 return policy---a big plus. (I'd like to try the Aliante and the Arrione, though.)

RBR Member
    Feb 2004

I use a Koobi Tri saddle...

I have this saddle on my Bianchi Giro and I love it. It has the right amount of padding and size for my personal needs. I couldn't agree more with the need to try saddles out though. I went through a couple that didn't fit right before finding magic with the Koobi Tri. I train and do triathlons with this bike so the tri-specific fabric has helped me a lot. Also, since I live in Texas the heat can make some saddles a little slick and the Koobi eliminates that issue. Koobi makes a great saddle and has excellent customer service. Give them a call if you have some questions. Good luck!

-Christopher

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bigriderblack

I've got one on the captain's seat of our tandem. It's a good saddle, generally I don't notice it while riding, which is the best thing you can say. On the other hand, we seldom ride over 30 miles a day (stoker's preference). On my road bike, I've got a Brooks Champion Flyer and like it even better. Fifty plus miles a day is no problem with it. Like most saddles, tilt adjustment is important with the Koobi. I set mine level and it seems to work best that way.