RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

Koolstop Black VS SwissStop FlashPro Green GHPII Brake Pads

Anyone out there tried the SwissStop FlashPro Green GHP2 brake pads for Shimano/Sram? Ive been using Koolstop black pads for years and have been happy. Just wondering if the Green SwissStop FlashPros are worth the extra money. I have aluminum rims and ride mainly in dry weather, though I do get caught in the rain occasionally.

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    I run the Sram swissstop green pads. I'm not sure if they are exactly the same.

I have run the Koolstop blacks too. I like the swissstop better.
    It's a fire road.............
    I'm on a road bike..........

They have enough in common to blast down it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've never used the Koolstops but I'm way happy with the green Swiss Stops.

Mine are mounted on Campagnolo but that doesn't affect the pad.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks guys. I think I'll try the SwissStop just wanted to know I'll see a return for the investment.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I was running the Swisstop black forever until the rain season hit (Palm Caost, Fl.) and then I went with the green GHP2 and never looked back. I remember riding in a complete downpour for an hour and those pads stopped on a dime.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Are the SwissStop FlashPro Green GHP2 pads any better than the stock pads of the Ultegra 6700 calipers?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Of all the pads I've ever had ... I like the green Swiss Stops. I like them enough that I purchase a spare pair when I found them on line. It might be a few years before I wear them out, but when you find something you like ....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    I use the SStop greens with ceramic rims and they are terrific. I take you guys are using them with regular aluminum brake tracks?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CAADEL View Post
    Are the SwissStop FlashPro Green GHP2 pads any better than the stock pads of the Ultegra 6700 calipers?
    I recently bought the Ultegra 6700 blocks and am shocked at how poor the braking performance is in the wet on my Campag Neutron alu rims. The compound simply dissolves and produces lots of grey sludge but very little stopping power. There are no such problems in the dry.

My LBS recommends Swisstop green pads as replacements so I'm off to order a set asap.