bg.
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

KWing/OS-115 Flex

I just got out for the first ride of the year, it's also the first time using my new FSA KWing bar and stem. Is it my imagination or does this bar/stem combo flex!

I've tried the Kwing a few times on a Look 585 and have felt a similar feeling, I never completly attributed it to the bar and stem, but since I'm more familiar with my bike (Guru Racelite), I noticed the flex right away.

Crazy huh? Is this common? I haven't heard of it before. Maybe I should change stems?

Thanks

bg.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    I have the same combo and it seems very very stiff. Maybe you have a flexy fork?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Have the same combo - mine's as stiff as it gets. Maybe your headset is a tad loose..

RoadBikeReview Member
    stiff++

i can put all my weight on it while riding and maybe move it 1/8 inch vertically.

Team American Classic
    Super stiff and I am 215lbs.....

The Flash

bg.
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    I've been out riding six times on the bike since I posted. After consideration, I don't think that there's necessarily more flex in the bar and stem....but there's certainly a different feel than my old setup (Deda Magic)

Searching the 'net i found reviews that for the most part found the bar stiff, but some found it less stiff than other bars. A reviewer on this website supported my original feeling that the Magic is stiffer than the Kwing.

After I originally posted, I checked my bike all over, I found a slight looseness in the rear hub, that was it. Everything's tight. With the new bars the bike rides even smoother, I'm happy with it.

bg