RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007

Lemond Rev Master parts.....

I know this is a shot in the dark, but someone gave me a classic Lemond Rev Master in decent shape. Most of the spin bike is in good shape, but there is a lot of corosion on the cranks and the bolts. the bolts are easy to replace, but the crank is crazy exspensive from the lemond site. I can almost get a NOS durace or ultegra crank for what they are asking.

It looks like a pretty standard bottom bracket, and the bikes are pretty old now. there must be a lot of these sitting around health clubs. Does anyone know of a good site for parts for these bikes? Can I use stanadard bike parts for the bottom brackets and cranks?

I know a few bike shops maintain these things from time to time, so I figured I'd take a chance someone on here may have worked on these spin bikes....

banned
    Mar 2007

I might be able to help...

Hello,
    Let me know the exact parts that you are looking for and I might be able to help. Reply to me directly if you like.

Best regards,

John

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by spepic
    I know this is a shot in the dark, but someone gave me a classic Lemond Rev Master in decent shape. Most of the spin bike is in good shape, but there is a lot of corosion on the cranks and the bolts. the bolts are easy to replace, but the crank is crazy exspensive from the lemond site. I can almost get a NOS durace or ultegra crank for what they are asking.

It looks like a pretty standard bottom bracket, and the bikes are pretty old now. there must be a lot of these sitting around health clubs. Does anyone know of a good site for parts for these bikes? Can I use stanadard bike parts for the bottom brackets and cranks?

I know a few bike shops maintain these things from time to time, so I figured I'd take a chance someone on here may have worked on these spin bikes....
    $53 is crazy expensive?

http://www.lemondfitness.com/downloa..._partslist.pdf
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007
    Actually considering I have seen 105 cranks on closeout for less than $100, paying $100 for the old chrome plated crank that comes with the revmaster $50 is kind of steep for only one arm. I think it's $90 for the right one.

These aren't new spin bikes anymore and found them not very corrosion resistant at all. The metal used in some of the parts seems "soft" and the chrome plating they use comes off easily. Still a good solid bike, it just seems quality is not what I expect on a normal bike.

This is kind of a winter project so not expecting a lot, but repainting the bike and making the chrome stuff look good is part of it.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by spepic
    Actually considering I have seen 105 cranks on closeout for less than $100, paying $100 for the old chrome plated crank that comes with the revmaster $50 is kind of steep for only one arm. I think it's $90 for the right one.

These aren't new spin bikes anymore and found them not very corrosion resistant at all. The metal used in some of the parts seems "soft" and the chrome plating they use comes off easily. Still a good solid bike, it just seems quality is not what I expect on a normal bike.

This is kind of a winter project so not expecting a lot, but repainting the bike and making the chrome stuff look good is part of it.
    Ahh...I see you have to buy both sides. That makes it a bit more expensive. I have an old Johnny G Spinner Pro and it's built like a tank. About the only thing that wears are the resistance pads.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking