RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009

Lezyne Floor pump $16.50 for an O-Ring?

My Leyzne floor pump is loosing compression. Went to their web site and found a O-Ring kit costs $3.99 + $12.21 shipping which seems outrageous to me. I am thinking I find a suitable O-Ring on McMaster Carr and buy 100 for that price or maybe my local Ace Hardware?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    Instead of using the website and being stuck with the default shipping that may be appropriate for larger items but not for yours, call them up and speak to a human. Ask that human if they can send it to you in a regular first class envelope.

A wheelist
    I have serious doubts that Lezyne has proprietary o-rings made for their pumps. They will probably be readily available o-rings that can be bought from an auto supply place for $0.25. Take yours along.
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilders with motivation, information and resources.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    I think there was a thread about this on the General branch a few months ago. Try a search. If I remember correctly the guy ended getting his Lenzyne pump o-ring problem fixed for next to nothing.

Forever a Student
    use a torque wrench

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    You may want to contact forum member BikeLayne. He bought a bunch recently. He may sell you a few for small $.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMsRepBike View Post
    The last time I ordered from McMaster it defaulted to overnight shipping so be careful if you order from them as you don't want to pay $40 shipping.

Roadbike Rider
    I think you are getting good service from Lezyne so the price is more than fair, but feel free to shop around to save a few bucks
    "It's supposed to be automatic, but actually you have to push this button. "
    ó John Brunner (Stand on Zanzibar)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    Perhaps you'd be happier picking it up at Lezyne instead of paying for shipping

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002
    It would be nice if Lezyne included spare o-rings along with their pumps. Just like when I buy a shirt, I often find extra buttons sewed onto the bottom of the shirt.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    I have heard of people needing a small part and the manufacturer sends it for free, even well outside the warranty period. Louis Garneau sent me pads for my helmet when I inquired about the availability and I have heard similar stories regarding bits from Topeak and Cateye. Since Lezyne passes itself off as a somewhat upmarket brand, I'm surprised about the cost mentioned by the OP. I'd go the McMaster-Carr route if they have a local outlet or even a good autoparts or hardware store.

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoryl View Post
    autoparts or hardware store.
    I suggested that days ago. Had he taken the advice and spent $0.25 he could have pumped 200 tires with it by now.
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilders with motivation, information and resources.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by daniell View Post
    It would be nice if Lezyne included spare o-rings along with their pumps. Just like when I buy a shirt, I often find extra buttons sewed onto the bottom of the shirt.
    99.9% of people would lose it in the years it takes an o-ring to fail. If they hollowed out the handle and made a space to store them, that would be very cool.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by daniell View Post
    Actually there is a spare o-ring. When you unscrew the top and remove the rod you will see a bumper o-ring at the very top. It's the spare. Just switch out the 0-rings. Also remember to clean any extra grease from the grove as grease build up will make the pump loose pressure the same as a worn 0-ring. You do not need to clean excessively. The 0-ring itself should have a thin coat of grease.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2013
    I have a Lezyne Steel floor pump. I resisted paying $10 for a cap removal tool. Instead, I spotted a large binder paper clip and bent the wire handle to fit into the cap holes. You can try a wire coat hanger; I didn't have any around. Pump is as good as new now that I replaced the piston o-ring. whoooshhhh !!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    And take that fresh O-ring to the local supply place and have them match it. The hardware stores are generally good for the common plumbing stuffs but some of those larger ones are at industrial supply places.

I bought some drill bits recently and the supplier "at their discretion" chose to box the package bumping me from the lowest shipping tier. The kicker was that they had them in a bubble envelope that would have been fine. That package weight was less than 3 oz. I don't like businesses that pad their shipping dept costs this way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    dive shops are good for o-rings....they carry a large assortment of sizes.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2013
    The Lowes hardware store has a decent specialty section: bins of odds and ends but I hate that customers mix them up so badly it takes me 10x more effort to sort through them. So I'd rather pay a little more, wait a tad longer, and end up with a baggie of 50 vs 2 from Lowes.