RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011

looking for new bar and stem combo ?

I am in the process of colecting parts for a new bike build and would like to know what you guys are running ? Im looking for a lightweight alloy combo that is also quite stiff. I have 2 bikes at present that both have deda bars and stems that have both been very good without problems. These are the non compact shape that seems to be the current fashion so would like to give this style a try for myself. looking forward to your suggestions.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LONDON-GUY View Post
    I am in the process of colecting parts for a new bike build and would like to know what you guys are running ? Im looking for a lightweight alloy combo that is also quite stiff. I have 2 bikes at present that both have deda bars and stems that have both been very good without problems. These are the non compact shape that seems to be the current fashion so would like to give this style a try for myself. looking forward to your suggestions.
    I am a big fan of Ritchey Evo curve bars and the WCS stem. I have been using this combo for some time and dont really have any reason to change.

wyrd bi ful rd
    I am using the KCNC SC Wing stem with a carbon bar, but I was considering the Deda Zero100 when I built my bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tihsepa View Post
    I am a big fan of Ritchey Evo curve bars and the WCS stem. I have been using this combo for some time and dont really have any reason to change.
    yeah those are great. I always figured this business about stems being stiff, or not, was pretty much BS until I got one of those. It's really solid and makes a difference.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions but keep them coming I have had a look at the Ritchey WCS C260 and that does look good and comes in at a very low weight the one thing Im not sure about is the 3 bolt clamp on the steerer tube so if anyone here has that stem on a road bike would love to see a picture of it fitted.

Thanks

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LONDON-GUY View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions but keep them coming I have had a look at the Ritchey WCS C260 and that does look good and comes in at a very low weight the one thing Im not sure about is the 3 bolt clamp on the steerer tube so if anyone here has that stem on a road bike would love to see a picture of it fitted.

Thanks
    The stack is the same on a C260 they just use the three bolts to help spread out the clamp load.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    Deda Zero 2 and Deda Zero 100.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    I use a 3T stem and Bar combo (ARX LTD and Ergonova Stealth) and love it.