RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010

Looking for new bars. FSA K force carbon compacts or 3T Ergonova Team carbon

Looking at going with some carbon bars that have a shorter drop. My Deda Newtons ar a little too much of a drop for me at 142mm. Either going with the FSA K force compact carbons or the 3T ergonova team carbon. Any input would be appreciated.

thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    After considerable deliberation I got an FSA compact carbon on my new bike and like it a lot. The shape is such that you can setup the hoods to be flat with the top of the bars and the shortness and shape of the drops works perfectly for me. The drops bend back at the top below shifters so that they angle back rather than have a round bend below the shifters so your hands have better support. I'm very happy with it. The angle of the "wing" surface on the tops also works perfectly for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    If you like the traditional bend on the Deda Newtons then just get he hort and shallow version (135 drop). Personally I don't like any ergo bend bar I have ever tried (Bontrager FSA Deda) the bend has to work for you, all depends on what you like. As far a material that has been argued to death.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009
    I have the FSA Compact bars in aluminum, same drop as the carbons, and like them alot. I went back and forth between which to get since the ones I have are too narrow. It was between the FSA Wing Pro Compact in 42cm or the 3T Ergonova Pro in 42cm. I went with the 3T Ergonova because I wanted to try something new and I liked the graphics on the 3T better. I can attest that the FSA's are very comfortable and work well for smaller hands and for those who don't want the deep drop. After discussing with some folks that carry these brands they said that I would like the 3T every bit as much.
    Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady!

Look 566
    SRAM Rival compact with 12-27
    Dura Ace 7850 SL Tubeless
    Hutchinson Fusion 3
    Cobb V-Flow Plus Saddle