RoadBikeReview Member

Mavic 9 spd freehub comp. w/ 10 spd??

Just a quick one here. I've got a set of Mavic Ksyrium Elites that I've been running a 9 speed shimano cassette on for the last few years. I purchased an 07 Roubaix, which is 10 speed, and am looking at getting a cross bike which will possibly be 10 speed. I'd like to have the ability to use these wheels on either bike, but is the 10 speed cassette splines compatible with the 9 speed freehub body that is on the Mavic wheel?? Sorry, but I'm new to this whole 10 speed thing and I actually don't have the Roubaix in my possession yet, or I'd just remove the new cassette myself.

Thanks,
    Rich

NeoRetroGrouch
    Quote Originally Posted by rbart4506
    Just a quick one here. I've got a set of Mavic Ksyrium Elites that I've been running a 9 speed shimano cassette on for the last few years. I purchased an 07 Roubaix, which is 10 speed, and am looking at getting a cross bike which will possibly be 10 speed. I'd like to have the ability to use these wheels on either bike, but is the 10 speed cassette splines compatible with the 9 speed freehub body that is on the Mavic wheel?? Sorry, but I'm new to this whole 10 speed thing and I actually don't have the Roubaix in my possession yet, or I'd just remove the new cassette myself.

Thanks,
    Rich
    The 10-speed cassette should fit right on with the spacer that comes with the cassette. If you used a Mavic spacer before with the 9-speed cassette, then you will still need that one also. - TF
    "Don't those guys know they're old?!!"
    Me, off the back, at my first 50+ road race.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ok, thanks...I hate to see these wheels not get used...