Rodie Persona

Miche Supertype Post Special?

Working on parts for my De Salvo steel frame, which is due in 2 months or so. Considering the Miche Supertype post. The post is clearly beautiful (to me at least) and has a unique clamp style. Beyond the clamp style and beauty, is there anything else that makes the post worthy of my consideration?

What's with the cut outs? Looks? Bump absorption? Weight savings?
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

duh...
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBMaven
    Working on parts for my De Salvo steel frame, which is due in 2 months or so. Considering the Miche Supertype post. The post is clearly beautiful (to me at least) and has a unique clamp style. Beyond the clamp style and beauty, is there anything else that makes the post worthy of my consideration?

What's with the cut outs? Looks? Bump absorption? Weight savings?

bump absorption? surely you jest

Rodie Persona
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTireFred
    bump absorption? surely you jest
    Vibration absorption? Come on give me something...I'm trying here. Can it really just be a pretty seatpost for $120? Have I found the only high priced bike part that performs just like the cheaper stuff?
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    clamp allows tilt adjust without the risk of fore/aft change.

should be more like $75.

Rodie Persona
    Quote Originally Posted by dookie
    clamp allows tilt adjust without the risk of fore/aft change.
    That's pretty slick.

Quote Originally Posted by dookie
    should be more like $75.
    Thanks found it on Bike Works NYC but only in black. Will have to see if they can get a silver one.

hello
    Other than the ugly, silly, over-designed saddle rail clamp cluster, it is a finely crafted seatpost. It'll be much nicer if it had a simple single bolt rail clamp instead.
    Otherwise, I like them, I have several in both colors.
    Last edited by roadfix; 04-21-2008 at 11:58 AM.

Rodie Persona
    Thanks Roadfix. I was hoping you would respond. I knew you had several. I first learned of the seatpost from your fixies. They really are pretty.

If I go with the Miche I will discuss it over with Mike before he starts working on the geometry as the Miche has a larger set back than say a Thompson, which will affect top tube length and stem choices.