Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Mixing 2012 and 2013 Sram Red???

583 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cxwrench 
#1 ·
So I have a question I am sure somebody has some knowledge too. I just picked up a 2013 Red RD for an awesome buy, but I have previously run the old red with the Force FD... i hear the new Red FD is awesome, but is the new 2013 Force FD nearly as good for half the cost? I assume I can mix, but just curious if it was worth the extra 60 bucks to go with the new Red FD.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
Just to muddy the waters...I would say the YAW FD is worth the money over 2011 Red Ti FD, but not necessarily over the Force FD. It may be worth the incremental money over a Red Steel FD, which is one I don't have, but which I assume functions identically to the Force FD.

Of course SRAM is coming out with a 11 speed gruppo in 2013, which according to what I've read includes a new FD too.

#4 ·
yep, the steel cage Red is the same functionally as Force which is to say very good. i've had a few of them and they definitely work. the YAW derailleur is way better than the Ti Red most of the time, and somewhat better than the steel cage/Force type derailleur.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.