RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013

It must have been the hub..

So, Litespeed replaced my frame. But before they shipped the replacement to me, they tried out multiple hub and rotor combinations on it, all of which fit. Being the incredibly nice guys they are, they shipped with the frame a set of rotors that worked on that frame. When I received the frame and tried my wheel (with the new rotor) on it, the rotor didn't clear. For kicks, I also tried the same wheel/rotor combination on the old frame and it didn't clear.

So, it's gotta be the hub. I don't understand how, as the hub's measurements are within proper specifications, but there's no other explanation.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Waspinator; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:45 AM.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waspinator View Post
    So, Litespeed replaced my frame. But before they shipped the replacement to me, they tried out multiple hub and rotor combinations on it, all of which fit. Being the incredibly nice guys they are, they shipped with the frame a set of rotors that worked on that frame. When I received the frame and tried my wheel (with the new rotor) on it, the rotor didn't clear. For kicks, I also tried the same wheel/rotor combination on the old frame and it didn't clear.

So, it's gotta be the hub. I don't understand how, as the hub's measurements are within proper specifications, but there's no other explanation.

Am I missing something?
    Wrong or improperly installed (hard to do cuz they just push on) axle caps? That's why I asked to see the drive side during the debacle that was your last thread. Could be the wrong axle caps, that's all I can think of. DT make a ton of them.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Wrong or improperly installed (hard to do cuz they just push on) axle caps? That's why I asked to see the drive side during the debacle that was your last thread. Could be the wrong axle caps, that's all I can think of. DT make a ton of them.
    I'll be happy to post a photo of the drive side. But the distance between the dropout and the rotor mount is dictated by the axle on the non-drive side. The drive side has no effect on it. The distance between the end of the axle (cap) and the rotor mount measures 17.9mm, which is pretty much standard spec. Again, Chris King measures 18.3mm.

RoadBikeReview Member
    send the wheels back (you haven't used them). Litespeed really have looked after you well, maybe get a refund on the wheels and buy replacements from Litespeed? The wheel builder should sort it out for you however. What do they say?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    I think Litespeed sells complete bikes, just say'in.
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    send the wheels back (you haven't used them). Litespeed really have looked after you well, maybe get a refund on the wheels and buy replacements from Litespeed? The wheel builder should sort it out for you however. What do they say?
    Indeed. Litespeed has been fantastic. Great company to work with. And they've proven (at least in my mind) that their products are built impeccably.

So now I will turn my attention to the hub. Who the hell knows what the problem is with the hub. But regardless, we know it's not the frame or the rotor. That leaves the hub. That, or I'm a complete and utter moron who doesn't know how to install a wheel.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Didn't people ask you for details about the hub more than once already?

I'm shocked you got Litespeed to warranty the frame without asking you to stick a loner wheel into it.
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    I'll be happy to post a photo of the drive side.
    Then do it already. It has been weeks and you haven't posted the picture CX asked for.

I don't know how long the DS and NDS caps are. Is it possible that the axle caps are installed on the wrong side?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by crit_boy View Post
    Then do it already. It has been weeks and you haven't posted the picture CX asked for.

I don't know how long the DS and NDS caps are. Is it possible that the axle caps are installed on the wrong side?
    Do you want a photo of just the hub or do you want the wheel in the dropouts?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Do you want a photo of just the hub or do you want the wheel in the dropouts?
    Both. It takes almost no extra work for extra photos.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    Both. It takes almost no extra work for extra photos.
    Alright. I'll go take them. But in the meantime, you have to explain to me how the drive side affects the positioning of the rotor relative to the non-drive side dropout.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Alright. I'll go take them. But in the meantime, you have to explain to me how the drive side affects the positioning of the rotor relative to the non-drive side dropout.
    Several people believe you have the wrong or reversed axle caps.

At this point you don't have any idea what's wrong, so why not just post some pictures and see if anyone notices something.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    Several people believe you have the wrong or reversed axle caps.

At this point you don't have any idea what's wrong, so why not just post some pictures and see if anyone notices something.

The distance between the end of the end cap and the rotor mount is 17.9mm.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    This is a 'troll'!
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    The distance between the end of the end cap and the rotor mount is 17.9mm.
    Great. What should it be for your frame's dropout spacing? Is there a reference site you're using?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Based upon a week of silence, it appears that 1) OP is troll or 2) end caps were switched/improperly installed.