Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    TLDR: Did anyone say HTFU yet?
    Be nice.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

coaster
    Just asking. I wanted to know where this thread is going since it's over a page long and the obvious answer is "34t cassette & 10spd 105 derailleur for cheap, and/or compact crankset for $$".

Also, HTFU;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Absoluteblack View Post
    Hi, Methodical,
    A switch to Sub Compact rings, such as these, made by us
    https://absoluteblack.cc/oval-road-c...-for-110-4bcd/ would get you where you need to be with the ratios, keeping smooth shifting and without requiring a change of rear derailleur.
    Cheers,
    www.absoluteBLACK.cc
    Hey Absolute, I am not the OP, but he/she can still utilize the information.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Also, HTFU;)
    Excuse me for appearing to not have a sense of humor. HTFU was funny long time ago. Now it's just........
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

coaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Excuse me for appearing to not have a sense of humor. HTFU was funny long time ago. Now it's just........
    It's okay, you're in good company on this forum.

My ultra-pro tip is the XT Shadow 9spd derailler, I believe M780-GS. Compatible with 9 or 10spd road shifters. Stiffer spring for snappier shifts than 105 or Ultegra and loves big cogs on bikes with derailleur hangers that make the road derailleurs barely clear a 32. It's a little hard to find and the XTR & Deore from that era seem almost non-existant but you're looking for the last year of the 9spd MTN derailleurs which was the first year of the Shadow design.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It's okay, you're in good company on this forum.

My ultra-pro tip is the XT Shadow 9spd derailler, I believe M780-GS. Compatible with 9 or 10spd road shifters. Stiffer spring for snappier shifts than 105 or Ultegra and loves big cogs on bikes with derailleur hangers that make the road derailleurs barely clear a 32. It's a little hard to find and the XTR & Deore from that era seem almost non-existant but you're looking for the last year of the 9spd MTN derailleurs which was the first year of the Shadow design.
    I'm guess since the OP is coming from a conventional double with an 11-25T, this would be overkill. Though I could be wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12