RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009

Need shifter parts

Hello everyone. I had the unfortunate experience with my bike coming off of the bike carrier (my fault) and I need new Ultegra nameplates for my 6610, 9 speed shifters. Does anyone know where I might find some? I've already done the Google search. Thanks fellow cyclists!

Sep 2007
    Are you sure you have the right number? Ultegra 6600 was all 10 speed. I don't know what 6610 would be.

Anyway, google/ebay is probably the best way to find these. An alternative would be to go to an LBS and get them to look it up on QBP and/or call into Shimano.
    Old La Honda in less than 20 minutes! Or you can watch race video from the low-key hill climb on Welch Creek. More at www.biketelemetry.com.

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.", Winnie-the-Pooh, A. A. Milne.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    I definitly could be wrong about the number. I know for sure that it is 9 speed Ultegra. I couldn't find any numbers on the shifters themselves,I am just comparing pictures on the internet in my search.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    lift up the rubber cover near where the shifters would attach to the handle bar. On one side it will give you the model #
    I ride a classic and hang the vintage on the wall.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    I will do just that tonight.Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    I think it's 6510. I took pictures of the shifters and they look exactly like 6510 shifters.

Sep 2007
    6510 is the triple version of 6500.

Just search for 6510 name plate - you can even buy them from Amazon.
    Old La Honda in less than 20 minutes! Or you can watch race video from the low-key hill climb on Welch Creek. More at www.biketelemetry.com.

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.", Winnie-the-Pooh, A. A. Milne.

Sep 2007
    Oops, probably wrong about that. 6503 would be the triple. 6510 was a redesigned model:

"The original 6500 STI levers had a dreadful rattle caused by the name plate/cap design and there were numerous forum and magazine articles giving quick fixes. The 6510 was Shimano's redesign to eliminate the problem."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Looks like those nameplates aren't available anymore. I have checked lots of sources and Shimano isn't making them either.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    You'll have to check Amazon like one poster said. They have them on eBay right now!
    I ride a classic and hang the vintage on the wall.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    What are you typing in? I see lots of shifters, but I just want the Ultegra nameplates that cover the top/front of the shifters. They look like plastic and have 1 small screw.