RoadBikeReview Member

Neuvation R350 experience?

Just wondering if anyone had any descent experience with Neuvation R350's (little marketed or known wheel maker in S. California with great business philosophy).
    better skewers and bearings than Aero model. can anyone help?

Wheelsucker
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh
    Just wondering if anyone had any descent experience with Neuvation R350's (little marketed or known wheel maker in S. California with great business philosophy).
    better skewers and bearings than Aero model. can anyone help?
    I bought my wife a set of the M 28s. They are NOT the lightest wheels out there, but they are pretty well put together. Seem like very good hubs, very true and round. My personal opinion is that these are as good as he says they are (he being the owner).

Hope that helps!

RoadBikeReview Member

firsthand experience with M28's..

i'm assuming you're the same post as the product review site? I have a 2003 version of the M28's now and they run pretty well (however a little heavy and steep climbs) with only a little wobble in front wheel after 1300 miles (will be truing that out tonight hopefully). just wondering if the R350's were a big upgrade or not....i'm a grad. student on a rather tight budget recently so i can't drop 800.00$ on Ksyriums like i'd prefer...
    the R350's are sexy though...and only 1725 (i've heard that's a generous weight too)

Wheelsucker
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh
    i'm assuming you're the same post as the product review site? I have a 2003 version of the M28's now and they run pretty well (however a little heavy and steep climbs) with only a little wobble in front wheel after 1300 miles (will be truing that out tonight hopefully). just wondering if the R350's were a big upgrade or not....i'm a grad. student on a rather tight budget recently so i can't drop 800.00$ on Ksyriums like i'd prefer...
    the R350's are sexy though...and only 1725 (i've heard that's a generous weight too)
    Yes, I was the poster on the review section.

IMHO, 1725 is still a little hefty for a climbing wheelet. Still may be the best NEW for the buck, but you may want to see what you can find used, if you are looking for a good light climbing wheel.