RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011

New strada wireless need some help

I just installed my new strada and it does not work. It does not read either the mph or the cadance. I think I have everything as close as they want it. Could I just have a weak battery? Any thing I might have missed in the set up? When I set the ID the number was flashing is that normal?

Thanks
    Brian

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Rtfm! If it is brand new.
    Last edited by BernyMac; 05-27-2011 at 03:02 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    The double wireless Strada?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

setup

Quote Originally Posted by bmach View Post
    I just installed my new strada and it does not work. It does not read either the mph or the cadance. I think I have everything as close as they want it. Could I just have a weak battery? Any thing I might have missed in the set up? When I set the ID the number was flashing is that normal?

Thanks
    Brian
    how close is the magnet to the sensor? Does the magnet pass near the read spot on the sensor. Can you at least cycle through the modes on the computer?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Sounds like the ID number was not set. You're supposed to change to the ID mode, hold the computer 12" away from the sensor, and press the reset button on the sensor. When the ID is set, the display moves to the clock setting mode.

I have had to do this several times to get it to work. Sometimes I manage to set the ID and don't really know how. Sort of strange. It's nice when it works.

Rub it............
    Quote Originally Posted by steve530 View Post
    Sounds like the ID number was not set. You're supposed to change to the ID mode, hold the computer 12" away from the sensor, and press the reset button on the sensor. When the ID is set, the display moves to the clock setting mode.

If this wasn't completed, then the computer will not work.

I have found that pressing the button on the sensor and holding it for a complete second or 2 will get the head unit to read.

Also, I have found out that this computer is suspect to interference from an in-home wireless setup. Mine will not work unless I have the headunit approx. 10 inches away or less from the sensor.
    You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio

I kind of wish it were legal to staple people in the face.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Steve that just might be the problem when I try to set it all I get is a flashing id number. FDR I will also try to set it outside away from my home network.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    At the risk of embarrassing myself... make sure you have the sensor the right way round. This is probably obvious to most but it was completely against my intuition to put the battery cover on the outside (where it can be seen, and of course, accessed) and the writing on the side nearest the magnet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks all set I took it outside and hit the reset on the comp and started over and it worked fine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    bought this for an indoor trainer, mainly for cadence. disappointed with the smallness of the display overall, the extreme smallness of the secondary display, and the fact that i cannot make cadence the main display. as you get older & the reading eyesight worse, this matters .
    There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM