RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

Nike Poggio II and removal of SPD adapter?

Anyone here who have removed the adapter? I use the Look adapter and now have the SPD adapter flowing around and making clicking noises. Any solutions?

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anzoni
    Anyone here who have removed the adapter? I use the Look adapter and now have the SPD adapter flowing around and making clicking noises. Any solutions?

Thanks
    I always take a piece of aluminium foil and ball it up and stuff it in the slot so the spd adapter doesn't slide back and forth. Then once you put on your look cleats the foil will stay in there and you won't hear that adapter anymore. It's a simple solution and takes about 30 seconds to do.

Russ

RoadBikeReview Member

It comes out

Quote Originally Posted by anzoni

Thanks
    I use these shoe's and I took my adapter plates out.
    All I did was, take out the sole insert and you will see that the shoe is cut.
    Then I pushed on the adapter plate untill it poped up the flap inside the shoe. With a little prying they came right out. No damage to the inside of the shoe.
    Good luck. Wild Bill

RoadBikeReview Member

Lightbulb Stopped by Staples

I, too, was curious about removing the SPD/-R plate from my brand-spankin'-new Pogio II's but, as was suggested, it's not so simple: There is a padding stapled to the inside of the 2nd-generation Poggio preventing the simple slipout of that plate. But, all is not lost in preventing we, as cyclists, sporting these shoes from sounding like cowboys with spurs on the footwear; the adhesive E-6000 once again saves the day.

E-6000 is a gummy adhesive available in many colors at craft and hardware stores all over and works well on everything from engine blocks to water beds to cycling shoes. I've used the gunk to secure speed sensors on the straight-bladed fork on my TT bike, and, after four years, there has been no ill effects, so I'd say it's perfectly safe with carbon fiber; I hope so, anyway -- I recently secured the plate on my Poggio II's with the stuff (dab a bit above the forward screw heads and move the plate all the way to the front [or back, if using the aft screw heads] prior to putting the 3-bolt cleats back on; allow about 4 - 8 hours for a good drying job...more if any a less-warm climate than Texas has to offer).

Hope this works for you, and enjoy the shoes.//d