RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015

PF30 crank in Canyon Inflite?

Is this possible? It says Rotor 4130 bottom bracket, which I assumed meant 30mm spindle, but I'm seeing that it works with BB90, which is not a 30mm spindle.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    According to the Rotor site (the crank on the higher end carbon frame) it's:
    Designed to work with BB86, BB89 and BB92 bottom brackets.

They say it's going to fit into press-fit frames w/ a bb diameter of 41mm. But...the alloy frame they make comes w/ a Quarq Prime w/ a 24mm axle. It uses a GXP PF bb, which is also going to fit into a 41mm hole. I guess it just depends on which crank you want to use, but a PF30 bottom bracket won't fit as it goes into a 46mm hole.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    According to the Rotor site (the crank on the higher end carbon frame) it's:
    Designed to work with BB86, BB89 and BB92 bottom brackets.

They say it's going to fit into press-fit frames w/ a bb diameter of 41mm. But...the alloy frame they make comes w/ a Quarq Prime w/ a 24mm axle. It uses a GXP PF bb, which is also going to fit into a 41mm hole. I guess it just depends on which crank you want to use, but a PF30 bottom bracket won't fit as it goes into a 46mm hole.
    I want to use a PF30 SRAM CX1 crank (my power meter) in the Canyon Inflite. Happy to buy an adapter if I need, just don't want to buy a new power meter.

Maybe this adapter? https://wheelsmfg.com/bb86-to-30mm-sealed-bearing.html

Quote Originally Posted by thisisthebeave View Post
    I want to use a PF30 SRAM CX1 crank (my power meter) in the Canyon Inflite. Happy to buy an adapter if I need, just don't want to buy a new power meter.

Maybe this adapter? https://wheelsmfg.com/bb86-to-30mm-sealed-bearing.html
    All 3 bikes are 'Inifinte'...2 are carbon, 1 is aluminum. Which do you have?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    All 3 bikes are 'Inifinte'...2 are carbon, 1 is aluminum. Which do you have?
    https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road/in...ite-cf-slx-9-0

this one

If you've got a 30mm axle crank you're gonna need the Rotor bottom bracket to make it work.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015

Looks good to me Dual row bearings too. Nice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    I'm going to make a big assumption here based on the info you've provided, but if they frame comes with a Rotor 4130 bottom bracket and the link you provided shows a Rotor 3D30 crank, the frame is almost certainly a PF86 and already has the appropriate bearings installed. BUT, if that is the case, then a 'true' PF30 crankset will not fit, the spindle is too short. SRAM/Quarq do make 386EVO compatible cranks that would fit, but you'd have to do some research if to see if swapping the power meter over is a cut and dry process by swapping the spider.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb78 View Post
    I'm going to make a big assumption here based on the info you've provided, but if they frame comes with a Rotor 4130 bottom bracket and the link you provided shows a Rotor 3D30 crank, the frame is almost certainly a PF86 and already has the appropriate bearings installed. BUT, if that is the case, then a 'true' PF30 crankset will not fit, the spindle is too short. SRAM/Quarq do make 386EVO compatible cranks that would fit, but you'd have to do some research if to see if swapping the power meter over is a cut and dry process by swapping the spider.
    It's a CX1 crank so it is "bb30 long spindle" I believe. Can anyone confirm that this would fit in the carbon Canyon Inflite with the adapter I listed above?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    I couldn't find anything cut and dry on SRAMs website, but they list the removable spider version as being compatible with 386EVO so provided that's the version you have then you should be ok. This would be the case with a Quarq or P2M. The non-removable spider version is not compatible, so if this is what you have and your power meter is a Stages then it's a no go.
    Easy enough to tell by looking at it, is the spindle the same length as a normal Shimano or SRAM GXP? If so, then it'll work and the 4130 bearings are correct for the application.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb78 View Post
    I couldn't find anything cut and dry on SRAMs website, but they list the removable spider version as being compatible with 386EVO so provided that's the version you have then you should be ok. This would be the case with a Quarq or P2M. The non-removable spider version is not compatible, so if this is what you have and your power meter is a Stages then it's a no go.
    Easy enough to tell by looking at it, is the spindle the same length as a normal Shimano or SRAM GXP? If so, then it'll work and the 4130 bearings are correct for the application.
    I have a Stages power meter and it took a ton of spacers to pick up the slack on my current PF30 frame so I'm pretty sure I have the long spindle version but it is a 30mm spindle so I don't think the 4130 bearings in the new frame will work, won't I need the adapter I listed above?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    Just to update the thread... I spoke to Canyon and it is a BB86 frame that will work with a BB30 long spindle crank like CX1 with the adapter I posted above but that adapter has to use tiny bearings to fit so the longevity is less than normal bearings. So I have to either get a GXP crank/power meter or deal with less durable expensive bearings for the life of the bike with the power meter I have.

Just to update the thread... I spoke to Canyon and it is a BB86 frame that will work with a BB30 long spindle crank like CX1 with the adapter I posted above but that adapter has to use tiny bearings to fit so the longevity is less than normal bearings. So I have to either get a GXP crank/power meter or deal with less durable expensive bearings for the life of the bike with the power meter I have.
    It should be possible to get a set of GXP crank arms and attach your Quarq to them, thus allowing you to use a more durable bottom bracket. All of our team stuff comes as parts...separate arms, spiders, quarqs, and the attaching screws.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    It should be possible to get a set of GXP crank arms and attach your Quarq to them, thus allowing you to use a more durable bottom bracket. All of our team stuff comes as parts...separate arms, spiders, quarqs, and the attaching screws.
    I have a Stages though.

I have a Stages though.
    D'ooooh. For some reason I thought Quarq, probably because you were talking about a SRAM crank.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    I'd just run the bearings in the frame until they die. I used to work with bikes that came with that exact setup from Rotor and the Rotor branded 4130 bearings lasted about a year before they got gritty. We always opted for the Enduro bearings mentioned way back at the start of the thread as a replacement and they tended to last 18-24 months depending on how wet the year was.