Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

PF30 to English

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bikerjulio 
#1 ·
I bought a new 2013 Kona Jake The Snake frame from Bikeman. It takes a PF30 BB, But I want to use a Campy Athena Carbon 11 chainset which I have laying around. What is the best way to accomplish this. I know I need an adaptor but which one is best?

#2 · (Edited)
I'm going to build up a Campy bike for a friend sometime soon. If he ends up with a PF30 frame I'm planning to use the SRAM PF30 to English adapters with regular Campy threaded cups. They look like they would be better than the Campy solution and I have seen good reviews. You screw the cups in first then press in the adapters.

Most of the other solutions I have seen have been have been for UT cranksets rather than PT. The SRAM solution would work for either. I've been doing a little more research and it looks like a good idea to use a Locktite retaining compound 609 or 648.

There is also the Campy solution, but this is one of the few times I've have read a fair amount of criticism of a piece of Campy designed equipment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.