RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008

Unhappy Polar Wind Cadence no readings from several sensors

I have been using Polar S and Wind sensors for several years with little or no problems until now.

I purchased my third Polar Cadence Wind sensor and it did not read or reading was erratic. So, I sent it to Polar reps and they replaced it. Tested the second Polar Cadence Wind sensor and the same none reading happened. Returned it back to Polar. They sent me another one. The third Polar Cadence Wind sensor was even worse- no reading at all.

After spending three international postage packages fees, I gave up. No more returning of sensor to Polar since I was getting nowhere. I think it might be a batch of Polar Cadence Wind sensors problem since I have another two Polar Cadence Wind sensors and they both work fine. I even replaced the magnets to make sure it was not a magnet issue.

At first, there would be some reading but after some minutes, it is like the sensor is inexistent. In fact, most time the CS600x knows there is a cadence sensor when I check for it, but there is no reading. Sometimes, CS600x does not find the sensor though.

Has anyone experienced this before? How did you solve the issue?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Had a similar problem, gave up and went with Garmin