RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003

Quarq or SRM powermeter for Campy 11

Good day all.

I am looking for some help on this issue - I am presently a powertap user but am in the process of ordering a new bike with a BB30 bottom bracket and Campagnolo Chorus 11-speed. I have read both Quarq's and SRM's websites many times but am still confused on the available power meter options for Campy 11spd and a BB30 bike.

Is someone using this combination already ?

I have called them both and they tried to help me which I appreciated, but I am looking for some real world experience or advice on the topic.

I am leaning towards getting the Quarq SRAM S975 BB30 crankset to use with the Campy 11 but then I read something about front derailleur shifting issues with non-Campy cranksets and 11spd.

Can someone help ?

Thanks
    Power1369
    Last edited by power1369; 01-22-2010 at 06:30 AM.

kytyree
    I've used both quarq and SRM with Campy 11 without shifting issues, though not with BB30. I've used stronglight rings with both, others have reported that other 10 speed rings also work well including shimano. Another option though not the cheapest solution is the Cannondale SiSL SRM that I believe will soon be available with the Campy 135bcd allowing you to run Campy 11 speed rings.

I like the Stronglight CT2 11 speed rings though, they look about like the Campy 11 ones, are light, shift well and come in several different bcd's. They are also quite a bit cheaper than buying Campy rings.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    where did you get the rings from ?

kytyree
    xxcycle in France

Hucken The Fard Up !
    did you get the normal or the "Type D" version ?
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.