Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: RD Tech Help

  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Shimano 105 5500 replacement

    Alright, so I've got a bent and broken RD that I need to replace. I've looked and got the model, Shimano 105 RD 5500. It's mounted on a 9 spd cassette that is 12/25. But as I'm shopping around online for a new one, I can't seem to find any. But there are a whole bunch of 5501s. Is there a difference between the two? Or will I be able to install a 5501 to replace a 5500? And are there any other models that are compatible, i.e. 5600,5700, etc. Also, should I get a GS or stick to the SS which I have now? Thanks a bunch guys!
    If there is already a thread to this that I couldn't find, could you just link me over to there and I'll apologize for re posting similar problems!
    Last edited by irritainment; 10-06-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Though about other models...

  2. #2
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    if you're using a double crank you can use the SS. the GS is the long cage for triple. you can use 5500, 5600, 5501, 5700...doesn't matter at all.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Latest RoadBike Articles



VISIT US AT and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.