Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Rear Rack Attachment

845 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kerry Irons 
#1 ·
I need to attach a rear rack to a bike with short side-pull brakes. I have clips for the bottom of the rack so that is set. This is an older Blackburn minimalist rack that attaches on top to the rear brake bolt where it goes through the bridge between the seat stays. My question is where exactly to attach it along the brake bolt. The back of the bolt fits into the bridge, and is neatly recessed, so that does not seem a good place. Should it be just on the outside of the bridge or would that interfere with the brakes's functionality?
Thanks in advance-
J

#2 ·
In back

I need to attach a rear rack to a bike with short side-pull brakes. I have clips for the bottom of the rack so that is set. This is an older Blackburn minimalist rack that attaches on top to the rear brake bolt where it goes through the bridge between the seat stays. My question is where exactly to attach it along the brake bolt. The back of the bolt fits into the bridge, and is neatly recessed, so that does not seem a good place. Should it be just on the outside of the bridge or would that interfere with the brakes's functionality?
Just put it between the brake and the brake bridge (the "back side" of the bike). The serated washer should go between the rack bracket and the brake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.