Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Ritchey Logic Comp V.2 pedal

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  innergel 
#1 ·
Picked up a pair of Ritchey Logic Comp V.2 ATB Pedal (2002 model) for $17.95 @ BikeSnackbar. They are blue and my wife thinks they will look great on her blue bike. Ok whatever there's dumber reasons to pick components. Here's the question. The pedals come with Ritchey cleats. I have heard the pedals described as spd compatible. Cleat-wise not just shoe mounting. Has anybody had any experience using these pedals with spd (shimano or otherwise) cleats? Yeah, I know they are mtn bike pedals etc etc etc. Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
Ain't nothing wrong with them Ritcheys...

I use 'em on all my bikes, mountain and road. They're relatively cheap (have been for a while, but guess this is the final liquidation for blue or something, Nashbar I think has 'em for 19.95 last I looked). Believe they're also marketed as Wellgo 94B or something like that.

Nothing wrong with having 'em look good with the rest of the bike; the blue ones go well with my SID-blue Heckler, and great with my Moots and TST ti bikes. The rebuildability is not so good, but they're cheap. I've got a couple other colors too; I stocked up a while back. For mountain biking they create a fairly good platform for times it's difficult to clip in, and they don't foul nearly as much as Shimanos (well, older models, I understand Shimano's 959 clear well). For the road bike the bonus for me is that with a mountain pedal you can wear a good mountain shoe and then when you need to walk somewhere you don't need to walk around like a duck on ice.

I've tried using my cleats in friends' Shimano pedals and feel that they enter okay, they stay a little too well as they can be difficult to click out of. I briefly had a pair of Shimano cleats on a pair of shoes and hopped on one of my bikes and felt the cleat was functional, again with sticky release, but not nearly as good as the Ritchey cleats.

#3 ·
Check the Ritchey site

bopfan said:
Picked up a pair of Ritchey Logic Comp V.2 ATB Pedal (2002 model) for $17.95 @ BikeSnackbar. They are blue and my wife thinks they will look great on her blue bike. Ok whatever there's dumber reasons to pick components. Here's the question. The pedals come with Ritchey cleats. I have heard the pedals described as spd compatible. Cleat-wise not just shoe mounting. Has anybody had any experience using these pedals with spd (shimano or otherwise) cleats? Yeah, I know they are mtn bike pedals etc etc etc. Thanks!
I had essentially the same question when I was looking at pedals for my single speed. From what I remember from the Ritchey site, the older V2's will click in and work but are more difficult to get out of. Something about the mechanism on the back of the V2's being slightly different. The V3's and newer models are totally SPD compatible. I picked up the V3's and they work perfect with my Shimano cleats. Super easy to adjust too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.