RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

San Marco Aspide with USE Alien post

Anyone running an Aspide with the Xsilite rails, looks like ti to me but I'm no metallurgist, with a USE Alien post? Just bought three Aspide saddles and the bikes I plan on installing them on presently have Alien posts. I installed the first and it appeared the rails were beginning to bow a bit, this was before reaching torque spec, so I backed away to do a little research before proceding (or changing posts). Looking at a saddle new out of the box it appears the rails have a little bit of curvature so maybe I'm being overly cautious. I really like the Alien, has just about perfect setback for me and is plenty light, and I'm hoping the two are compatible. Thanks in advance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    It is a sad day when you have to worry about compatibility issues between saddles and seat post. Though I remember when Brooks Saddles had non-standard rail widths so maybe we've been here before.
    Fai Mao
    A Proud Retrogrouch

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12x23
    Anyone running an Aspide with the Xsilite rails, looks like ti to me but I'm no metallurgist, with a USE Alien post? Just bought three Aspide saddles and the bikes I plan on installing them on presently have Alien posts. I installed the first and it appeared the rails were beginning to bow a bit, this was before reaching torque spec, so I backed away to do a little research before proceding (or changing posts). Looking at a saddle new out of the box it appears the rails have a little bit of curvature so maybe I'm being overly cautious. I really like the Alien, has just about perfect setback for me and is plenty light, and I'm hoping the two are compatible. Thanks in advance.
    I ran this combo for many miles, no problems.